The role of the MRCLG is to:
- support Matua Raḵi to respond to consumers/tāngata whai ora, and their families and whānau, to reduce addiction related harms
- provide strategic direction and support to the Matua Raḵi consumer project lead to achieve the goals of the addiction consumer and peer workforce.
The group are all people with lived experience of addiction and recovery, who are working in designated consumer or peer roles in Aotearoa New Zealand. We meet in person three times a year before each addiction leadership day and bring our unique experiences of different adventures, adversities, treatment experiences and recovery pathways.
Our current members are (pictured below, left to right):
- Damian Holt, Addictions Advocate - MHAPS, Christchurch
- Rangimokai Fruen, Senior Co-Existing Problems Clinician - Tui Ora, New Plymouth
- Joe Hall, Peer Support Worker and Consumer Advisor - West Coast
- Carolyn Swanson, Service User Lead - Te Pou, Auckland
- Rhonda Robertson, Regional Consumer Advisor - Salvation Army, Auckland
- Suzy Morrison, Consumer Project Lead - Matua Raḵi, Auckland
- Sheridan Pooley, CADS Regional Consumer Advisor, Auckland
- Marc Beecroft, Regional AOD Consumer Advisory - Odyssey, Christchurch