Aotearoa New Zealand addiction specialty nursing competency framework (2018)
Publication date: 19 June 2018
The updated framework reflecting changes since 2012 that have occurred in legislation, policy, service provision, workforce development and nursing practice.
The framework is a professional nursing framework designed to provide:
- guidance on the clinical pathway for nurses working in the addiction specialty from foundation to advanced specialist
- a description of the levels of practice of nurses working in the addiction specialty
- clarification of the specialist level nursing practice within the addiction specialty for nurses, other practitioners, consumers, consumer advisors, employers, funding and planning personnel
- guidance for education providers in designing curricula
- guidance for nursing workforce development
- the basis for application for DANA Advanced Certified Addiction Nurse (ACAN).