The addiction treatment consumer and peer workforce plays a vital role in effectively supporting service users and whānau. Matua Raḵi is developing and supporting the capacity and capability of this workforce by:
- ensuring an effective consumer voice at key levels of the addiction sector
- facilitating forums for the Addiction Consumer Leadership Group
- supporting the ongoing development of consumer advisory roles
- developing the peer support worker role within the addiction sector
- providing peer supervision and mentoring skills training
- developing relationships at a national level with mental health service user bodies.
The consumer and peer workforce includes all roles that require personal lived experience of mental health and/or addiction problems, for example peer support and consumer advisor roles.