This e-learning course introduces learners to the use of:
The use of standardised screening tools can help health workers unfamiliar with potential problematic gambling, mental health or substance use to identify areas of possible concern. Issues identified through screening can be addressed through a brief intervention if they are mild, or referral to a specialist service if they are more complex.
1. Introduce learners to the:
2. Provide an opportunity to practice using the screening tools that are appropriate to their area of work, for example use of the ASSIST in a mental health setting or the modified MINI in an addiction setting.
3. Encourage the routine use of standardised screening tools in all mental health and addiction services.
4. Support the recognition of and responsiveness to co-existing problems.
5. Introduce a model of brief intervention that can be adapted to a range of circumstances and needs.
Please note: On your first visit you will need to create a log in using your email and a unique password. This will make it easier to return to access further modules that are developed.